Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Princess and The Frog, the Broadway Musical, or so we thought....

So, I get to go to the Ultimate Disney Experience of the Princess and the Frog at the Ziegfield Theater tomorrow evening with my mother and my best friend Vanessa...did I forget to mention this was a gift from my mother for Vanessa's 31st birthday? Did I also forget to mention that my mother sold me on the idea by telling me it was a new broadway show? I later came to realize it was an early release of the movie with a princess meet & greet afterwards...of course, I was a little disappointed, but after watching the trailer on youtube, I have to take that back and say I can't wait to see this movie!

This will be the first time I have seen a Disney hand animated film in an actual movie theater, and from what I've seen, the movie looks like a beautiful throwback to older favorites like Fantasia and Cinderella. To top it all off, Princess Tiana is played by Anika Noni Rose who I adore on The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency on HBO and the queen herself, Miss Oprah Winfrey, is playing Eudora, Tiana's mother...it just doesn't get any better than that!

So check back in a couple of days for my review of the Ultimate Disney Experience of the Princess and the Frog, and for exclusive birthday pics of Vanessa with Pocahontas!

Official Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=queJpV6P0W4

No comments:

Post a Comment